[I]f you’re like most people, you have some debt. For many, that debt may be overwhelming and even crippling. You can’t do things you’d like to because you have to pay too many credit cards and loans. Here are six ways to get out of debt and stay out of debt.
Get Out of Debt
To get out of debt, you have to either increase the amount you’re earning or decrease the amount you’re spending. Ideally, you will do a combination of both. Here are three suggestions to help you do this quickly.
• Get a second job. Thanks to the internet, you can even find work from home so you aren’t away from your family all the time. A second income can be put towards your debt.
• Sell stuff. Find things you own that you no longer use and sell them. Pay on your debt with whatever money you get.
• Find one expense to cut each month. Look for ways to save in your budget. So that it isn’t too restricting, pick one thing to cut out and put that towards your debt. It may be eating out or stopping for coffee or it may be cutting down your grocery expenses.
Stay Out of Debt
Once you get out of debt, how do you keep from getting back into the same situation? Here are three suggestions to help you achieve long-term success.
• Pay Cash Only. You can have a credit card, but don’t carry it with you. Get in the habit of paying everything with cash. Once the cash is gone, you can’t buy anymore.
• Save money first. Open a savings account and put money in it first on every payday. If you wait until after everything else is paid, you won’t have any left.
• Set up automatic payments. Late fees can add to your amount owed, which can spiral into major debt.
If you try all six of these tips, you’ll find it much easier to enjoy life debt-free.
[I]f you have a goal to improve your credit score for the new year, you need to set up steps to help you achieve this goal. For many, they read all kinds of information about how to get a good credit score, and it can be overwhelming. Sometimes, it can sound so easy but not […]
[T]here are three major credit reporting agencies: Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. All of them provide a credit report which lists your personal information and credit accounts. You can get one report for free each year or purchase extra reports through the agency sites. Many people just get one credit report, but you really should get […]
[A]s you get credit cards, you will notice they give you a credit limit. This is the maximum amount you can spend on the card without paying some of it off first. Credit card companies often increase your credit limit as you prove responsible handling the amount you have. You may wonder if more credit […]
[I]f you have bad credit, it can be difficult to qualify for a car loan. However, it’s not impossible. Before you go out and apply for money to purchase a vehicle, there are some things you should know. Check Your Credit Before you fill out any applications for car loans, you need to take a […]
[M]any people hear that they have bad credit, which means they haven’t always been responsible with their credit accounts. However, it is another situation entirely when a person is told they have no credit. You may wonder how that’s possible and what it really means for your future. No Credit Doesn’t Mean Never Any Credit […]
[T]ransUnion is one of the three credit bureaus which stores information about consumers and their credit history. It provides this information to creditors and to consumers. TransUnion was founded in 1968, and it now has more than 200 offices through the US and the world. How TransUnion is Different TransUnion is similar to the other […]
[E]quifax is one of the three major credit reporting agencies which provides information used on your credit report. It has a credit score which will impact your ability to get approved for new credit. All of these agencies aren’t the same, so here is some information you should know about Equifax. Equifax is headquartered out […]