[K]nowing your partner’s credit score will tell you a lot about their character and spending habits. Before you invest time, emotions and money into a relationship, read below to find out What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner.
If your partner has a credit score of 680 or more, then you can expect that they pay their bills on time, use credit wisely and will get excellent rates on loans and mortgages.
Anything below 620 means your partner may have some major character flaws that will lead you to heartbreak, debt and having your own credit score impacted negatively.
There is a correlation between lower credit scores and involvement in poor moral activities such as stealing, cheating, falsifying documents, and fraudulent behavior. Lower credit scores can also reveal an impatient, flighty personality.
In addition to knowing What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner, watch out for these signs of bad credit behavior that lower credit scores and lead to a rocky relationship:
- Maxing Out Credit Cards – shows that your partner relies too much on credit and spends more than he/she earns.
- Missing a Credit Card Payment – demonstrates your partner is not responsible.
- Debt Settlement – settling debts to pay only pay a portion of the amount owed shows that your partner spent more than was earned.
- Foreclosure – shows your partner couldn’t maintain regular payments and the lender took back the car or house.
- Declaring Bankruptcy – Filing for bankruptcy stays on a credit report for at least 7 years making it almost impossible to get credit or improve credit scores in that time.
- Applies for Too Many Credit Cards, Opens Many Credit Accounts and Applies for Many Loans – too many accounts shows excessive spending.
- No Checking or Savings Account – indicates there is no record of income or savings making your partner a high credit risk.
- No Credit Card – having no credit card, or using no credit of any kind indicates that your partner is not able to get credit or loans.
Finding out your partner’s credit score can help you predict if you will have a happy life or if you will be struggling with debt, or worse. Check out our info graphic below called What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner, then go ask your partner for their credit score now!
If you enjoyed this infographic and would like to share it. Here is the code so that you can place it on your site:
[I]f you have a goal to improve your credit score for the new year, you need to set up steps to help you achieve this goal. For many, they read all kinds of information about how to get a good credit score, and it can be overwhelming. Sometimes, it can sound so easy but not […]
[T]here are three major credit reporting agencies: Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. All of them provide a credit report which lists your personal information and credit accounts. You can get one report for free each year or purchase extra reports through the agency sites. Many people just get one credit report, but you really should get […]
[A]s you get credit cards, you will notice they give you a credit limit. This is the maximum amount you can spend on the card without paying some of it off first. Credit card companies often increase your credit limit as you prove responsible handling the amount you have. You may wonder if more credit […]
[I]f you have bad credit, it can be difficult to qualify for a car loan. However, it’s not impossible. Before you go out and apply for money to purchase a vehicle, there are some things you should know. Check Your Credit Before you fill out any applications for car loans, you need to take a […]
[M]any people hear that they have bad credit, which means they haven’t always been responsible with their credit accounts. However, it is another situation entirely when a person is told they have no credit. You may wonder how that’s possible and what it really means for your future. No Credit Doesn’t Mean Never Any Credit […]
[T]ransUnion is one of the three credit bureaus which stores information about consumers and their credit history. It provides this information to creditors and to consumers. TransUnion was founded in 1968, and it now has more than 200 offices through the US and the world. How TransUnion is Different TransUnion is similar to the other […]
[E]quifax is one of the three major credit reporting agencies which provides information used on your credit report. It has a credit score which will impact your ability to get approved for new credit. All of these agencies aren’t the same, so here is some information you should know about Equifax. Equifax is headquartered out […]