[K]nowing your partner’s credit score will tell you a lot about their character and spending habits. Before you invest time, emotions and money into a relationship, read below to find out What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner.
If your partner has a credit score of 680 or more, then you can expect that they pay their bills on time, use credit wisely and will get excellent rates on loans and mortgages.
Anything below 620 means your partner may have some major character flaws that will lead you to heartbreak, debt and having your own credit score impacted negatively.
There is a correlation between lower credit scores and involvement in poor moral activities such as stealing, cheating, falsifying documents, and fraudulent behavior. Lower credit scores can also reveal an impatient, flighty personality.
In addition to knowing What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner, watch out for these signs of bad credit behavior that lower credit scores and lead to a rocky relationship:
- Maxing Out Credit Cards – shows that your partner relies too much on credit and spends more than he/she earns.
- Missing a Credit Card Payment – demonstrates your partner is not responsible.
- Debt Settlement – settling debts to pay only pay a portion of the amount owed shows that your partner spent more than was earned.
- Foreclosure – shows your partner couldn’t maintain regular payments and the lender took back the car or house.
- Declaring Bankruptcy – Filing for bankruptcy stays on a credit report for at least 7 years making it almost impossible to get credit or improve credit scores in that time.
- Applies for Too Many Credit Cards, Opens Many Credit Accounts and Applies for Many Loans – too many accounts shows excessive spending.
- No Checking or Savings Account – indicates there is no record of income or savings making your partner a high credit risk.
- No Credit Card – having no credit card, or using no credit of any kind indicates that your partner is not able to get credit or loans.
Finding out your partner’s credit score can help you predict if you will have a happy life or if you will be struggling with debt, or worse. Check out our info graphic below called What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner, then go ask your partner for their credit score now!
If you enjoyed this infographic and would like to share it. Here is the code so that you can place it on your site:
[I]f you’re trying to build credit or repair bad credit, you’ve probably seen a lot of information about credit. Some of it can be overwhelming. You don’t know what is essential or what you should do first. Here are the three most important things to know about credit. 1. You Must Have Credit to Build […]
[I]f you like to travel, you may wonder if good credit is necessary to enjoy life on the road. While it’s not a requirement for vacationing or taking a road trip, it can make life easier. Here are a few instances of how good credit can make traveling easier. Credit Cards for Reservations You need […]
[A] prepaid card allows you to purchase items just like you would with a credit card. The only difference is you must have money on the card whereas a credit card allows you to pay for purchases on credit. You also have time to pay for the items over several months as long as you […]
[I]t’s easy to get into trouble with your cell phone bill and not be able to afford the payment. When this happens, your phone gets shut off and the account can go into collections which will show up on your credit report. Here are some ways to save money and prevent this progression. Choose Your […]
[I]f you grew up watching popular TV shows or reruns of old sitcoms, you may never have realized how much they impacted your life. Many of these shows and their characters help to form your opinions about life in general. Here is a look at what some of them taught you about money. Seinfeld – […]
[F]or fans of one of the most popular book and movie series of all time, they can follow The Boy Who Lived and apply his ideas about money to their own lives. While money wasn’t a major theme in the story, it did play a key role in Harry’s life and with his friends. Money […]
[I]f you just got your first credit card approval, you may be excited at what it can do for you. Whether you are working to build or rebuild your credit or just like having credit to make purchases, you need to know how to be responsible with your new credit. It’s much easier to protect […]