[K]nowing your partner’s credit score will tell you a lot about their character and spending habits. Before you invest time, emotions and money into a relationship, read below to find out What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner.
If your partner has a credit score of 680 or more, then you can expect that they pay their bills on time, use credit wisely and will get excellent rates on loans and mortgages.
Anything below 620 means your partner may have some major character flaws that will lead you to heartbreak, debt and having your own credit score impacted negatively.
There is a correlation between lower credit scores and involvement in poor moral activities such as stealing, cheating, falsifying documents, and fraudulent behavior. Lower credit scores can also reveal an impatient, flighty personality.
In addition to knowing What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner, watch out for these signs of bad credit behavior that lower credit scores and lead to a rocky relationship:
- Maxing Out Credit Cards – shows that your partner relies too much on credit and spends more than he/she earns.
- Missing a Credit Card Payment – demonstrates your partner is not responsible.
- Debt Settlement – settling debts to pay only pay a portion of the amount owed shows that your partner spent more than was earned.
- Foreclosure – shows your partner couldn’t maintain regular payments and the lender took back the car or house.
- Declaring Bankruptcy – Filing for bankruptcy stays on a credit report for at least 7 years making it almost impossible to get credit or improve credit scores in that time.
- Applies for Too Many Credit Cards, Opens Many Credit Accounts and Applies for Many Loans – too many accounts shows excessive spending.
- No Checking or Savings Account – indicates there is no record of income or savings making your partner a high credit risk.
- No Credit Card – having no credit card, or using no credit of any kind indicates that your partner is not able to get credit or loans.
Finding out your partner’s credit score can help you predict if you will have a happy life or if you will be struggling with debt, or worse. Check out our info graphic below called What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner, then go ask your partner for their credit score now!
If you enjoyed this infographic and would like to share it. Here is the code so that you can place it on your site:
[A] popular question among people trying to raise their credit score is “How long will it take to improve my credit score?” They want to hear the magic words because they’ve read the promises that say your credit score can improve in 30 days. Unfortunately, that promise is like waving a magic wand and expecting […]
[G]etting cash back for purchases you would make anyway seems like getting free money. To take advantage of this type of credit card and enjoy the rewards, you need to follow these tips. Check Your Credit First, you should check your credit rating and make sure you have a good credit score. Most cash-back credit […]
[S]hopping can be fun, especially if it’s for items you want more than need. There’s nothing wrong with taking a few dollars out of your paycheck to do something nice for yourself. However, for many, they end up spending too much and staying in a vicious cycle of debt. Here are a few ways to […]
[M]ost people assume that bad credit happens when people are irresponsible and fail to pay their bills on time or get more credit than they can handle. You might be surprised to discover that other factors can hurt your credit even if you’ve been paying your bills and paying off credit card balances. Errors One […]
[I]f you’re a parent, it’s about the time of the year when you send your kids off to college. While you may be giving them a long list of advice about what to do with their newfound independence, you don’t want to overlook the importance of money advice. If you’ve set a good example the […]
[F]or many people, getting approved for a credit card seems to be the new American Dream. It’s a sign their credit is good or at least on the mend and not too bad to qualify for credit. For others, they think about the rewards and benefits that come with a credit card. Before you apply […]
[I]f you want to get in control of your finances, you must learn how to manage your budget. This is one area where people try and fail over and over again. Here are three tips to help you be successful with your budget. 1. Know Your Expenses It’s easy to know how much you pay […]