[K]nowing your partner’s credit score will tell you a lot about their character and spending habits. Before you invest time, emotions and money into a relationship, read below to find out What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner.
If your partner has a credit score of 680 or more, then you can expect that they pay their bills on time, use credit wisely and will get excellent rates on loans and mortgages.
Anything below 620 means your partner may have some major character flaws that will lead you to heartbreak, debt and having your own credit score impacted negatively.
There is a correlation between lower credit scores and involvement in poor moral activities such as stealing, cheating, falsifying documents, and fraudulent behavior. Lower credit scores can also reveal an impatient, flighty personality.
In addition to knowing What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner, watch out for these signs of bad credit behavior that lower credit scores and lead to a rocky relationship:
- Maxing Out Credit Cards – shows that your partner relies too much on credit and spends more than he/she earns.
- Missing a Credit Card Payment – demonstrates your partner is not responsible.
- Debt Settlement – settling debts to pay only pay a portion of the amount owed shows that your partner spent more than was earned.
- Foreclosure – shows your partner couldn’t maintain regular payments and the lender took back the car or house.
- Declaring Bankruptcy – Filing for bankruptcy stays on a credit report for at least 7 years making it almost impossible to get credit or improve credit scores in that time.
- Applies for Too Many Credit Cards, Opens Many Credit Accounts and Applies for Many Loans – too many accounts shows excessive spending.
- No Checking or Savings Account – indicates there is no record of income or savings making your partner a high credit risk.
- No Credit Card – having no credit card, or using no credit of any kind indicates that your partner is not able to get credit or loans.
Finding out your partner’s credit score can help you predict if you will have a happy life or if you will be struggling with debt, or worse. Check out our info graphic below called What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner, then go ask your partner for their credit score now!
If you enjoyed this infographic and would like to share it. Here is the code so that you can place it on your site:
[I]f you’ve had credit problems in the past, you may be ready to work to repair your past mistakes. You want to rebuild your credit, but you aren’t sure what to do first. Here are five tips to help you start making a positive impact. 1. Make Sure Everything is Accurate Before you do anything […]
[I]f you’ve been the victim of compromised data from a large company, you may have received a free year of credit monitoring. Otherwise, you may not give this service much of a thought. It is often seen as a benefit for people who have bad credit or those with a lot of money to lose. […]
[Y]ou’ve probably heard that there are credit cards for people with any credit, bad credit, no credit at all. For most, they can qualify for some kind of credit card even if their credit score is below 600. However, just because you can qualify for a credit card, should you get one? You Can’t Handle […]
[I]f you failed to pay a credit account, it probably was charged off and the account sold to a collections agency. You may think this means you are stuck with the negative information for several years. However, there are ways to get a charge-off removed from your credit report. Pay for Delete You can ask […]
[Y]ou’ve probably heard the term “good debt” or “bad debt” and you may even have an idea what it means. However, you may not always recognize the difference between the two. It’s important to understand this distinction, so you can build good credit and become financially stable. What is Good Debt? Most people assume any […]
[I]f you have multiple credit cards that are maxed out or if you have a high interest credit card with a balance, a balance transfer card may seem like the perfect answer to your situation. However, you should understand some basic facts about this card. It Can Save Money Yes, getting a balance transfer credit […]
[I]f you have bad credit or less than excellent credit, you may have trouble finding a credit card offer where you can get approved. However, there are credit cards designed for people who have a negative history to help them rebuild their credit. Here are a few to consider. Credit One Bank Credit One Bank […]