[K]nowing your partner’s credit score will tell you a lot about their character and spending habits. Before you invest time, emotions and money into a relationship, read below to find out What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner.
If your partner has a credit score of 680 or more, then you can expect that they pay their bills on time, use credit wisely and will get excellent rates on loans and mortgages.
Anything below 620 means your partner may have some major character flaws that will lead you to heartbreak, debt and having your own credit score impacted negatively.
There is a correlation between lower credit scores and involvement in poor moral activities such as stealing, cheating, falsifying documents, and fraudulent behavior. Lower credit scores can also reveal an impatient, flighty personality.
In addition to knowing What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner, watch out for these signs of bad credit behavior that lower credit scores and lead to a rocky relationship:
- Maxing Out Credit Cards – shows that your partner relies too much on credit and spends more than he/she earns.
- Missing a Credit Card Payment – demonstrates your partner is not responsible.
- Debt Settlement – settling debts to pay only pay a portion of the amount owed shows that your partner spent more than was earned.
- Foreclosure – shows your partner couldn’t maintain regular payments and the lender took back the car or house.
- Declaring Bankruptcy – Filing for bankruptcy stays on a credit report for at least 7 years making it almost impossible to get credit or improve credit scores in that time.
- Applies for Too Many Credit Cards, Opens Many Credit Accounts and Applies for Many Loans – too many accounts shows excessive spending.
- No Checking or Savings Account – indicates there is no record of income or savings making your partner a high credit risk.
- No Credit Card – having no credit card, or using no credit of any kind indicates that your partner is not able to get credit or loans.
Finding out your partner’s credit score can help you predict if you will have a happy life or if you will be struggling with debt, or worse. Check out our info graphic below called What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner, then go ask your partner for their credit score now!
If you enjoyed this infographic and would like to share it. Here is the code so that you can place it on your site:
A credit card comes with many benefits. It allows you to pay faster and easier and is accepted almost everywhere. It often comes with rewards, and it can help you build or rebuild your credit score. However, people make several mistakes when selecting a credit card that can hurt their finances and credit for the […]
[A]nyone trying to repair their credit knows how bad collection accounts are. They can do a lot of damage to a person’s credit score, and it can take a long time to recover. There has been a lot of information and conversation going around about whether to pay old collections or leave them alone, whether […]
[A]t least it doesn’t have to if you learn from previous behavior. Rather it was the result of poor choices or an unfortunate event, you don’t have to pay for credit mistakes for the rest of your life. A study from VantageScore Solutions shows that credit scores can improve over time. How long? Surprisingly, it […]
[T]he ultimate threat for many is that they will have to declare bankruptcy because there is no way out of debt. They avoid this option except as a last resort because of the long-term impact it has on them. However, many people really don’t know what a bankruptcy would do to their credit rating, except […]
[L]easing a car is becoming more popular for people who like to trade for the latest model often. They also appreciate the lower payments and no worries about getting financed if you owe more on your car than it’s worth. Purchasing an automobile through a car loan can be difficult if you have poor credit. […]
[I]f you have an unusual name, you are probably used to spelling it for other people. Even seemingly simple names like Ann (Anne) or John (Jon) can have multiple spellings. While this may not seem like a big deal if you’ve had to deal with it all your life, it can cause major headaches, especially […]
[I]t doesn’t matter whether it is high school, college or even eighth grade graduation, the event is still a major milestone in a family’s life. The tendency to overspend it prevalent. It’s easy to pull out a credit card and book a venue, hire caterers or buy a gift. The problem of paying this bill […]