[K]nowing your partner’s credit score will tell you a lot about their character and spending habits. Before you invest time, emotions and money into a relationship, read below to find out What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner.
If your partner has a credit score of 680 or more, then you can expect that they pay their bills on time, use credit wisely and will get excellent rates on loans and mortgages.
Anything below 620 means your partner may have some major character flaws that will lead you to heartbreak, debt and having your own credit score impacted negatively.
There is a correlation between lower credit scores and involvement in poor moral activities such as stealing, cheating, falsifying documents, and fraudulent behavior. Lower credit scores can also reveal an impatient, flighty personality.
In addition to knowing What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner, watch out for these signs of bad credit behavior that lower credit scores and lead to a rocky relationship:
- Maxing Out Credit Cards – shows that your partner relies too much on credit and spends more than he/she earns.
- Missing a Credit Card Payment – demonstrates your partner is not responsible.
- Debt Settlement – settling debts to pay only pay a portion of the amount owed shows that your partner spent more than was earned.
- Foreclosure – shows your partner couldn’t maintain regular payments and the lender took back the car or house.
- Declaring Bankruptcy – Filing for bankruptcy stays on a credit report for at least 7 years making it almost impossible to get credit or improve credit scores in that time.
- Applies for Too Many Credit Cards, Opens Many Credit Accounts and Applies for Many Loans – too many accounts shows excessive spending.
- No Checking or Savings Account – indicates there is no record of income or savings making your partner a high credit risk.
- No Credit Card – having no credit card, or using no credit of any kind indicates that your partner is not able to get credit or loans.
Finding out your partner’s credit score can help you predict if you will have a happy life or if you will be struggling with debt, or worse. Check out our info graphic below called What a Credit Score Reveals About Your Potential Partner, then go ask your partner for their credit score now!
If you enjoyed this infographic and would like to share it. Here is the code so that you can place it on your site:
[C]losing a credit card account may seem like a great way to deal with debt. However, the tactical measure of cutting up your card may backfire by hurting your credit. While you may stop the spending that created the initial debt, you have also lowered your amount of contractually available credit. Find out how to […]
[P]reparing for retirement requires a significant amount of planning. Aside from securing your nest egg, you will want to shore up your credit. Taking steps to strengthen your credit will ensure that you are ready for whatever life brings you. Follow these tips to prepare your credit for your upcoming retirement. Create A Spending Plan […]
[M]ost people are aware that a car repossession can significantly damage your credit. However, the severity of the harm done to your personal credit score cannot be understated. It is important to do everything possible to halt a repossession before it takes place. Downward Spiral A car repossession does not exist on your report as […]
[T]he holiday shopping season offers plenty of discounts for shopping online. Online shopping accounts make it easy to make your purchases. Storing your information within the program saves you from having to enter it each time you complete a transaction. However, there are risks to storing your card data with a shopping website or app. […]
[O]ne of the most attractive features in a credit card is one that allows you to earn points toward traveling. After all, most people enjoy the idea of a free vacation. The Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard offers you rewards with bonus miles based on how you use it. Here is a list of benefits that […]
[F]inding out that your information was made vulnerable in a data breach happens more frequently than ever. In this era of cyber crime, the stakes for businesses and consumers alike have never been higher. Regulators are working overtime to fight against fraudsters. Credit card chips are one byproduct of this effort. Learn more about chip […]
[O]wning a business requires a significant amount of cash flow. Business credit can help you make it when you are pressed for funds. Others rely on credit to scale up their operations. Achieving your dreams is made much easier when you have strong credit. The following tips can help you to reach your credit goals […]